- Board of Directors' Meeting
Our meeting will be held tomorrow, Wednesday, 12/13/17, at 6:00pm in the clubhouse. All are welcome to attend.
- USTA 4.0 40+ FRIDAY WOMEN'S LEAGUE NEEDS PLAYERS
Format: 2 lines of singles and 3 lines of doubles
Captain: Brenda Humphreys
We are looking for a couple more 4.0 players, singles players, to complete our team!
If interested, please contact Brenda Humphreys at 760-436-4481 or email: email@example.com
- NEW Ladies' 3.5-4.0 Drop-In Open Clinic
Beginning on Friday's, December 8th, from 10:00-11:00 AM Max Bauer will hold a 3.5-4.0 clinic. No registration is needed. $20.00 for members/$25 for non members. Participants can pay Max directly at the clinic. Cash and checks only.
- 12/20/17 MEN'S BEER NIGHT
Dave Rapp will set the foursomes for this fun evening of tennis among the SDTC men. Double play begins promptly at 6:00pm. Afterwhich stay for pizza/burritos. Members should plan to bring a craft beer to share and one for themselves. Cost: $8.00 per person. A sign up is posted at the club. Be sure to sign up early as sign ups fill fast!
- Dave Rapp has gift certificates for lessons or stringing available for purchase in the pro shop. They will make an excellent Christmas gift or stocking stuffer! Choose between lessons with Dave or the gift of a racquet stringing (with an additional 20% off your second stringing). Contact the Pro Shop to order yours today!
- The Pro Shop will be closed over the holidays on Monday, December 25th and 26th. We wish you all a joyous holiday season!
- JANUARY 2018 - Ballroom Dance with Sharon & Marty Cooper
We hope you will decide to join the fun and camaraderie with your fellow SDTC members.
If we get enough people to sign up, my husband, Marty and I will be offering FREE ballroom dance classes for members of our tennis club beginning January 2nd, 2018. Lessons are geared to beginners who are confident that they could NOT possibly learn to dance. Of course anyone who likes to dance is also very welcome.
- We are looking to hold the lessons at the Encinitas Community Center because they have a room with a beautiful dance floor surrounded by mirrors which make learning to dance a lot easier. If we hold the dances there, there will be a nominal charge to cover the $40 room rental fee. So the more participants, the lower the cost.
Dances will be held on Monday and Tuesday evenings at 7:00PM. You can choose whichever night is good for you. Presently, for the first round of lessons, it is planned to offer FoxTrot lessons on Mondays at San Dieguito Tennis Club (free of charge) and swing lessons on Tuesday (for a small fee) at the Encinitas Community Center..
If you want to come, please sign up on the posted sign-up sheet at the club. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 760-632-0057. It is important to let me know if you are planning to join us because we will cancel the lessons if there is not enough interest.
Looking forward to dancing with you, Sharon Cooper