- JUNIOR TEAM TENNIS BEGINS 02/11/18
The spring season of Junior Team Tennis will begin February 11th. SDTC will participate in the following Junior Team Tennis divisions: 8 & Under (8U), 10 & Under (10U), 12 & Under (12U) and 14 & Under (14U).
If you have a junior player interested in playing this spring, please contactMax Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call You can also contact Sara Becker at for additional information.
- Mark your calendars for 02/12/18, 2/19/18, and 2/21/18 we will have TWO league teams playing at HOME on these dates. Thank you for your attention to the heavy court usage during this active league season.
- It has been brought to our attention that many of us are no longer using our land lines. If you would prefer for the club to contact you by cell phone, please be sure to call the pro shop at 760-942-9725 or email;email@example.com and update your information. We wouldalso like to add your usta rating or player level to the next directory. Please be sure to let us know so others can reach out to invite you to play. Thank you in advance for your support in updating our directory.
- Men's Beer Night 02/21/18
Mark your calendars! Dave Rapp will set the foursomes for doubles play beginning at 6:00pm. Afterwhich the guys will meet in the clubhouse for pizza/burritos (the popular vote wins out) and beverages (guys bring one for themselves and one to share). There is an $8.00 per person fee to cover the cost of food. A sign up sheet will be posted next week at the club.
- POKER NIGHT 03/02/18; 6:30pm
Texas Hold’em Poker night, Friday, March 2, 2018. Sandwiches/chips at 6:30pm, poker at 7:00pm.
This will be an elimination tournament style format, with a buy-in and add-on. Please email Phil
Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to reserve a spot. All members and/or guests are
invited. I would be available to have a tutorial for anyone that would like a refresher on Texas Hold’em
so feel free to ask. Bring your own drinks.
- Annual Shareholders Meeting 03/04/18
The Annual Shareholder's meeting will be held on Sunday, 03/04/18, at 2:00pm in the clubhouse. Come and thank our Board of Director's; Dick Sanders, Joanne Marks and Bill Brick who will be stepping down from their past two years of contributions and dedication to our club. What a difference they have made!
- SDTC CLINICS OFFERED
Did you know that we have drop in clinics available? This is a great season for working out with the pros and improving your game. . . a new year - a new you!
Max Bauer offers a Monday evening Men's clinic from 6:00pm-7:30pm; $20.00 members/$25.00 non members.
He also offers a Ladies' 3.5-4.0 clinic on Fridays from 11:00am-12:00pm; $20.00 members/$25.00 non members.
Lastly, Max offers a clinic for the beginner through the 3.0 level on Friday beginning at 12:00pm-1:00pm; $20.00 members/$25.00 non members.
These are all drop in clinics! No reservations are required. However if your interested in getting a price break and purchasing your clinics in bulk, Max will work with you. Ask him when you arrive (and before you pay). He accepts cash and checks only. Take that first step in making the most of your game in 2018, you won't be disappointed!!
- Encinitas Rotary and San Dieguito Tennis Club Valentine’s Day Party-Saturday February 10th
Come join us for an evening of music, dance, food and camaraderie on Saturday, February 10th, at 6:30PM at Dance North County Dance Studio – 535 Encinitas Blvd Suite 100, Encinitas.
At this POT LUCK event, we will be playing ballroom dance music as well as music from the 50’s and 60’s for your listening and dancing pleasure.
There will be a $3.00-$5.00 per person charge to cover the room rental. (the charge depends on the number of people who come).
Please contact Marty or Sharon Cooper to let them know you will be participating and what delectable dish you will be bringing to share. BYOB.